Published on August 10th, 2012 | by Daniel0
The Flaming Lips, Iron Maiden and Metallica are to Feature on a New Deep Purple Tribute Album
The new Deep Purple Tribute album is going to feature Iron Maiden, Metallica and The Flaming Lips. News about the exciting collaboration broke even as Santana signed up for the upcoming release. A title has already been chosen and it is ‘Re-Machined: A Tribute to Machine Head’. There are other artists that will cover tracks from the popular album which was first released in 1972. Other contributors are Carlos Santana, the Black Label Society and Chickenfoot. The presence of a rock supergroup and a guitar virtuoso is likely to add something special to the tribute set.
There are also a series of one-off collaborations which are going to record some of the tracks. These include Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers as well as Duff MacKagan and Matt Sorum (ex members of Guns N’ Roses). Likewise Def Leppard’s Joe Elliot and Steve Vai will contribute to the auspicious project. This collection is designed to honor John Lord of Deep Purple who passed away last month, aged 71. He apparently suffered a pulmonary embolism.
The stars are out in force to pay tribute to a legend
Tom Morello, Slash, Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath, Ewan McGregor and Jamie Cullum paid warm tributes to the late singer when he passed away. The new compilation is going to offer the stars yet another chance to say a special thank you to someone who did so much for the entertainment business. Here is the tracklisting for the compilation album:
- Carlos Santana – ‘Smoke On The Water’
- Chickenfoot – ‘Highway Star’
- Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith and Luis Maldonado – ‘Maybe I’m A Leo’
- Black Label Society – ‘Pictures Of Home’
- Kings of Chaos (Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Arlan Schierbaum) – ‘Never Before’
- The Flaming Lips – ‘Smoke On The Water’
- Jimmy Barnes, Joe Bonamassa – ‘Lazy’
- Iron Maiden – ‘Space Truckin”
- Metallica – ‘When A Blind Man Cries’
- Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lachlan Doley – ‘Highway Star’