Published on September 14th, 2012 | by Daniel0
The Top Ten Tracks you Want to Hear this Month
What are the hottest tracks in
It seems like an explosion of good music in the entertainment industry. To that end we have come up with the Top Ten tracks that you might want to hear this month. This is no definitive list but it gives you something to think about.
- ‘Two Fingers’: This track is done by Jake Bugg. If you are able to watch some television on Saturday you will see various teenagers trying to impress a panel of hard judges. Bugg is doing covers of some big names including Noel Gallagher, Bob Dylan, Skelly and even Tina Turner. There is a great maturity in the song and it takes on from where ‘Lighting Bolt’ stopped.
- ‘Aimless Arrow’: This is a great number from the hardcore veterans Converge. It is taken from their album ‘All We Love We Leave Behind’. The fury and power of the delivery is going to leave you somewhat stunned but it certainly is a great track with lots of potential.
- ‘Diamond Look’: In this track you will see Tops going back to their very best. This new seven-inch is a real gem for the music connoisseurs. It captures the spirit of ‘Smooth Operator’ (Sade) with tales of a dashing man. Look out for the disco guitars and the synths. The chorus will stick in your head for ages.
- ‘Talk through the Night’: It must be said that ‘Dog is Dead’ have been absolutely excellent in this. The crew from Nottinghamshire is simply adorable with their lively choruses and great emotion. They remind us of the Bombay Bicycle Club. Their lead singer Rob Milton has a great voice.
- ‘Overture (Rework)’: The ten year jubilee is marked by Patrick Wolf in great style. Apparently the singer has reworked a number of songs which he considers to be important in the development of his career. ‘The Magic Position’ is given a new lease of live with woodwind and harps.
Apart from the top five we recommend ‘Moonlight Mile’ by The Babies. You should also try ‘Reach into the Fire’ by Daughn Gibson. On the other hand ‘Sweet Nothing’ by Calvin Harris features the irrepressible Florence and is certainly one of the leading tracks in our list. For those with the stomach for it, ‘Bloodshake’ by Peace is another gem out there. Try ‘Wrath of God’ by Crystal Castles for good measure as well. There is plenty for you to choose from.